Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 6 - Bliss


We've arrived at the Perhentian Islands, and they are breaktakingly beautiful.  Staying in a hut (well, maybe a shack) that is about 100m from the ocean.  Theres sand everywhere, but nothing beats the sound of the ocean.
The view from our hut

Last night, the first night on the island we caught wind of a ladies night at one of the bars on the waterfront, so free drinks for ladies, or boys dressed as ladies (so the sign said).  Six days in and I'm already finding multiple uses for all the make-up I seemed to have packed.  Needless to say, the boys looked amazing, and perhaps even showed up the (actual) girls ;) due mostly (of course) to my amazing make-up skills!


The morning after wasn't so pretty (boys have no idea about removing make-up!), but we picked ourselves up, brushed the sand off, and hired some snorkeling gear on the other side of the island (Coral Bay).  A local recommended we snorkel at 'Romantic Beach', so we found our way there (sneaking through a swanky resort), and got into the water.

Romantic Beach

I saw some amazing fishies, and colours I didn't even know existed.  The fish were really friendly  too, at one point I discovered a huge school of fish and was swimming behind them in formation.  I swear I saw more fish in a metre or so radius than I've ever seen in my entire life. If I had an underwater camera, I could show you, but even then I don't think it would have done them justice. It's definitely been one of the highlights of the trip so far. Sun, water, animals, amazing sea creatures; what more could a girl like me ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment